Welcome, Parents of the Class of 2029!

We've created this page just for you, and we hope you find it useful as you and your child get ready for Junior Kindergarten at Collegiate.

Monday, August 3, 2015

 Hello everyone.  It's so hard for me to believe it's August!  I hope you are having a wonderful summer.  

I wanted to introduce you to several resource teachers who will work with your children during their JK year.  We are so blessed at Collegiate to have such wonderful faculty to love and care for our children.  I'll start with Christine Hoffman, one of our fantastic music teachers who will work with our littlest Cougars!

Anne Bruce


Hello Junior Kindergartners and Parents,

My name is Christine Hoffman, and I will teach Junior Kindergarten, Kindergarten, and 1st Grade music this year.  I am excited to meet you at the end of August!

In my music room, we will explore ourselves, our community, and our world through music. We will sing, play instruments, dance, and play lots of games. I believe in four stages of music learning, taken from the Orff Schulwerk approach to music education:  imitation, exploration, improvisation, and composition.  We will use our voices, bodies, unpitched percussion instruments (such as drums, triangles, maracas, wood blocks, guiros, tambourines, etc.) and pitched barred instruments (such as xylophones, glockenspiels, and metallophones) to move through these four stages.  I believe in creating a comfortable and respectful environment in my classroom that allows for mistakes and promotes creativity.  

I maintain a website throughout the school year with pictures and videos from class, as well as information about my curriculum, upcoming performances, and other information that I hope you find to be useful.  Please check my website for updates throughout the year. 



I'm looking forward to a wonderful year together.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. 



No comments:

Post a Comment